Pittsburgh Penguins In the Room Challenge: Favorite Player(s) - Brandon Sutter
RIP Assistant Chief Jamie Middlebrook of New Carlisle County FD (Indiana). Last call.
Gonna be on the truck all morning, second job tonight. I think I found a program that will help me pay for my firefighter training, since it looks like the Army isn’t going to let me sign a contract for basic anytime soon. Wish me luck.
Dude at store, ringing up my lipstick and looking at the color: Sorry, this is way too red. I have to save you from being a fashion victim!
Me: Bro, you’re free to wear whatever shade of lipstick you fucking want. In the meantime, suck my balls and give me my fucking change.
okay but there’s so much to love about Chicago Fire.
• the completely platonic, complicated and profound portrayal of relationships - the deep platonic love between Kelly and Shay, whose lesbianism is NEVER questioned because she’s a man’s roommate and has a very close relationship with him. The complex and brotherly love, laced with a lot of tension and history, between Kelly and Casey. The stern paternal love that Boden has for his whole crew, the loving and platonic bond between the only two women at the station that is never questioned because one of said women happens to be gay.
• the fact that in Casey’s relationship with his fiance Hallie, it’s HIM who desperately wants to have kids and her who wants to focus on her career and doesn’t think she’ll ever want to be a mother. It’s such a nice switch of the stereotypical roles on TV.
• the incredibly realistic depiction of the actual bullshit that real firefighters and EMTs have to deal with daily, including bullshit disciplinary hearings for literally just doing our jobs, not getting enough funding in the city to buy a TV for the station, being paid so poorly that almost everyone there has to work a second job they hate. Not mention how their tones drop EVERY SINGLE TIME they sit down to eat. EVERY. TIME.
I am obsessed with this show, this hasn’t happened since Penny Dreadful.
Here is your reading!
1. The Magician
2, The 2 of coins, reversed (my deck uses coins in place of pentacles)
3. The 9 of hearts
4. The page of sticks, reversed (my deck uses sticks in place of wands)
5. The 7 of coins, reversed
6. The queen of hearts, reversed
7. The Chariot
8. The Lovers, reversed
9. The 6 of hearts, reversed
10. The 8 of hearts, reversed
This spread was very financially-focused. Have you been worrying about money lately? Or really intent on making more of it? You are not at your full potential currently, because your priorities have been scattered and there is a particular bully in your life who is distracting you from your responsibilities. You need to sit down and have a talk with your significant other, if you have one, because things have been distant between you two lately and you might not even be aware of this as your mind has been so disorganized lately.
Ultimately, the solution to your financial problems will involve walking away from something. It may be someone pressuring you to invest in them or give them loans you really can’t afford to, or a job in which your potential is not being recognized or rewarded monetarily. Take into consideration however, that walking away from a toxic or manipulative or stagnant influence in your life does not necessarily mean giving up on something that just needs a little work. Your final card, the 8 of hearts reversed, demands that you make a distinction between the two. Give the presence of the lovers card and the magician, I would guess that you need to remember to not sacrifice your personal/romantic relationships in favor of financial gain or work responsibilities.
You’re going to need to look to your past to find your balance now. Examine past mistakes and ways to avoid making them again. Look for guidance from people who have been through the same sort of situations that you have, you have a lesson or two to learn before you can break through this wall that is affecting your finances and your romantic life. You could also be experiencing some issues with fertility or your menstrual cycle soon, but nothing serious. Just stay abreast of your physical health, in particular your ovarian/intestinal region.
Members of this board, as well as “Men’s Rights Activists” in general, tend to go apoplectic at even the most mild implications that women might be human beings. For them, this is simply “not allowed” and must be punished swiftly and severely, as they appear to believe that feminism is the one obstacle in the way of all these pathetic neckbeards getting their pick of supermodel girlfriends who obey their every whim. The goal is to make it as uncomfortable to speak out about misogyny and women’s issues as possible, which is why they go to the wall in terms of harassing women like Emma Watson. At the end of the day, this is the crux of it. It would be sad if it weren’t so vile.”
Because of course she was.